Keep in mind that the ideal situation is that the soldering iron heats up the joint enough that the joint melts the solder - not the iron. So the iron is expected to be hotter than the melting point of the solder so that the entire joint comes up to the melting point of the solder quickly.
- B series
- D series
- C series
- I series
- How to identify the HAKKO 900 series tip size
The flux is a tool useful to facilitate the soldering process reducing oxidation and, in some cases, reducing the surface tension of the molten solder.
To be used with flux to remove excess solder from solder joint; the way to do it it's to raise the temperature with respect to the normal soldering
- INTRODUCTION TO SOLDERING
- Basic instruments
- Video about solder proto board.
- Adafruit guide to soldering
- https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-solder---through-hole-soldering/advanced-techniques-and-troubleshooting con video
- Dead bug soldering video
- Drag soldering video
- EEV Blog video about hand soldering SMD component (1.27mm, 0.65mm and 0.5mm pitch)
- Soldering QFN reflow without hot air video: interesting tecnique that uses an opposite termal pad to melt solder